We believe there are many benefits to adopting our device cloud.
Total Cost of Ownership being one of those. Even at Scale. Still considering creating a platform yourself?
Know that it’s going to take many months architecting, recruiting a team, and building. In fact, we have calculated that even when you get to 1 million devices, the costs of “buy” versus “build” are ca 3-4 times lower with our device cloud offering. And the biggest plus of all: go to market tomorrow and start your revenues.
Get in touch to chat to us to get an illustration of buy vs build costs.
From September 2022 we will be applying the below pricing to our Device Cloud.
- 1 Account per user/company
- 3 devices per account
- 30 days data storage
- Alert triggers every 15 minutes (via Email)
- One Data signal transfer every 3 minutes
Deploy(€10 / Month or €100 / Year)
- Unlimited accounts / Groups
- 10 devices per account
- 60 days data storage
- Alert triggers every 1 minute (via Email)
- One Data signal transfer every 30 seconds
Scale(€0.20 / Month / Device)*
- Unlimited accounts / Groups
- unlimited devices per account
- 60 days data storage
- Alert triggers unrestricted (via Email)
- One Data signal transfer every 1 second
- Rebranded On-Premise available
- *Negotiable. Minimum billing €500/ per annum / per account)
What Device Cloud Options do I have?
- using Pybytes for free as is from http://pybytes.pycom.io
- using a Pycom hosted version of the Device Cloud re-branded for your business
- using an on-premise version of the Device Cloud, re-branded and maintained by Pycom
- Using our APIs to pipe data to your own Dashboard
- Something bespoke…
Read our Brief with the overview of our solutions.
If the above is not exactly what you’re looking for get in touch. We may be able to tailor a solution for you.
What Microcontrollers does Pycom’s Device Cloud Support?
ESP32 is a low-cost System on Chip (SoC) Microcontroller from Espressif Systems
We’ve opted for the dual-core variation of the Tensilica 32-bit Xtensa LX6 Microprocessor with integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
About ARM Cortex
The STM32H7 is a High-performance 32-bit microcontroller based on an Arm® Cortex® M7 core.
What Radio chips does Pycom’s Device Cloud Support?
The following are currently supported on our Device Cloud.
WiFi: Espressif ESP32, MuRata 1DX
BLE: Espressif ESP32
LoRa: various Semtech, MuRata 1SJ
Cellular NB1 and CatM1: Sequans Monarch and GM02S, MuRata 1SC
What are Pycom’s Fast IoT Dashboards?
In order to speed everything up again, we’re built some cool widget-based dashboards that are specifically designed for a variety of IoT applications. You should be able to set your project up within a matter of hours and start seeing your data. To make things even smarter, these dashboards are overlaid with 3rd party information services such as weather and more.
Do I have to use the prebuilt IoT Dashboards?
Not at all. We have APIs that allow you to pipe your data to other dashboards of your choice. We have already built solid APIs for AWS, Azure and Google Cloud and there are wizards on Pybytes to help you set everything up. You can also use MQTT or another API set to bring the data to your own platform. Lots of choices.
Am I ever forced to use Pycom’s Cloud?
No, you can use our development technology and EVKs without our Device Cloud. The question is, do you really want to? Because of our deep embedded expertise, we have built so many features into our Device cloud including our powerful IDE, an Over the Air updater, network configuration including LoRa Mesh, Security and much more. But of course, the choice is yours.
CTA: If you want to at least check it out, head over to http://pybytes.pycom.io to set up a free account and get up and running.
What data transfer protocols are supported with Pycom’s Device Cloud?
What APIs are supported with the Device Cloud?
We have already built solid APIs for AWS, Azure and Google Cloud and you can use another set to bring the data to your own platform if you choose.
Go and check our APIs on our documentation system here.
Can I mix device and application types in my Account?
Is there a limit as to how many IoT Projects I can run in Pycom’s Device Cloud?
How long is my data stored for in Pycom’s Device Cloud?
30 days on a free subscription. Up to 60 days with a paid for subscription. But anything’s possible. Get in touch if you have governance or audit requirements that mean your needs are different.
Shall I Buy or Build?
- use case(s) – single application use or multiple, data capture and transfer, geolocation and more
- functionality required – device, network and data management or just some of that
- measures of success – platform launch timeframe, availability uptime, security and running costs
Build your team and structure, for buying or building a platform, considering looking at
- skills and experience with
• Embedded technology
• Networks and data transfer for each type
• Cloud platform architecture
• Full Stack Security
• Deployment and Reliability engineers
- Office space, development or management team tools, hosting and other overhead costs
Note: Expect to have 4x as many resources on your Build team, compared to if you were buying a platform.
Implement your solution
Architect and create the foundation for your Platform
Identify the specifications, required IT services, and core features needed to execute your vision.
Implement an IoT platform considering hosting, feature exposure, branding, hierarchies, pricing models and costs