Order now for delivery in October 2022.
Be first to market!
For early adopters and eager innovators, we have created a new F01 H7 Bento Box Evaluation Kit that contains everything you need to get up and running with your state of the art Murata, ARM and NXP based IoT Project.
It’s ready for sensing, data collection, device management in from the Murata Device Cloud and scale from day 1.
Delivery: 30th October 2022
Number of Bento Boxes available: 2000
Bento Box Contents
- F01 H7 OEM module
- M.2 Board
- New Expansion Board 5.1-DBG with STLINK debugging and programming for STM32 microcontrollers
- 3 x Antennas: WiFi, LoRa, and Cellular (including pigtails)
- 2 x Pynode+ BLE Sensors (Time of Flight and AirQ)
- 2 x Pynode cases
- New F01 H7 Fast Development Tray
- 1NCE SIM card for access to cellular networks (Cat-M1 and NB1) with upto 36 months line rental or 250MB data (whichever occurs first… then simply top-up!
- 12 Months Murata Device Cloud Access
Murata Device Cloud
This is your F01 H7 SDK: https://murata.pycom.io
From this Device Cloud you can connect, configure and manage your EVK. It features an integrated IDE which helps you program in MicroPython or C++. You’ll be able to program, update firmware and configure your F01 H7 devices for a multitude of IoT Applications as well as see and manage your sensor data. This is a fast and easy way to have continuity from Proof of Concept to Scaling without re-doing development through the process saving you and your IoT Project time and money.
Access for 12 months is included in the F01 H7 Bento Box EVK.
- Powerful ARM Cortex CPU: 32-bit ARM®Cortex ® -M7 core STM32H7BQIY6QTR, up to 599 DMIPS. The device offers three ADCs, two DACs, two ultra-low power comparators, a low-power RTC, a high-resolution timer, 12 general-purpose 16-bit timers, two PWM timers for motor control, five low-power timers and a true random number generator (RNG). The devices support four digital filters for external sigma-delta modulators (DFSDM) and feature standard and advanced communication interfaces.
- MuRata Network Modules: 1DX, 1SJ and 1SC
- Flagship NXP Secure Element: SE050C2HQ140nm NXP® IntegralSecurity architecture
- External Memory on fast Octo SPI interface: 32 Mbytes of RAM / 32 Mbytes of flash
- Easily SMT mounts onto standard carrier boards, breadboards or M.2 boards
- More than 60 usable pins accessed via a High Destiny Socket
- Four Networks including WiFi, BLE, Cellular LTE–CAT M1/NB1, LoRa
- World ready as one product covers all LoRaWAN frequencies and LTE–M bands
- MicroPython and C++ programmable with Ultra–Low power usage
- F01 Module Size 40mm x 16mm x 2.7mm
Expansion Board 5.1-DBG
Our most advanced Expansion board includes the following features:
- M.2 connector for new generation modules such as the F01 series
- USB on-the-go for USB controller embedded on F01 H7
- STLINK in-circuit debugger and programmer for STM32 H7 MCU and STM32 L0 MCU embedded in the MuRata 1SJ LoRaWAN module
- Pin Headers for older generation modules
- DIP switches to connect external USB UART, the onboard LED
- SD card holder
- USB-C power and data connector
- User switch and LED
- Seamless integration into the MuRata Device Cloud online IDE
M.2 Board Features
- Up to 60 High density M.2 connectors
- Onboard Antennas for WiFi and BLE
- External Antenna Connectors for WiFi, LoRa and Cellular
- Boot Loader Button
- Expansion IOs
- SIM Slot for LTE-M Connectivity
Pynode+ Motion Features
The Pynode+ Motion uses the STMicro VL53L1CBV0FY/1 Time-of-Flight ranging sensor https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/vl53l1.pdf
Time of Flight Applications
- Laser assisted auto-focus (AF): enhances the camera AF system speed and robustness, especially in difficult scenes (low light and low contrast); ideal companion for PDAF sensors
- Video focus tracking assistance at 60 Hz
- Scene understanding with multi-object detection: “choose the focus point”
- Dual camera stereoscopy and 3D depth assistance thanks to multi-zone measurement
- Presence detection (autonomous timed mode), typically to lock/unlock and power on/off devices like notebooks, tablets or white goods
The VL53L1 is a state-of-the-art, Time-of-Flight (ToF), laser-ranging, miniature sensor enhancing STMicroelectronics’ FlightSense product family. Housed in a miniature and reflowable package, it integrates a single photon avalanche diode (SPAD) array, physical infrared filters and optics to achieve the best ranging performance in various ambient lighting conditions, with a wide range of cover windows.
Unlike conventional IR sensors, the VL53L1 uses ST’s latest generation direct ToF technology which allows absolute distance measurement whatever the target colour and reflectance. It provides accurate ranging above 4 m and can work at fast speeds (60 Hz), which makes it the fastest miniature ToF sensor on the market.
With patented algorithms and ingenious module construction, the VL53L1 is also able to detect different objects within the field of view (FoV) with depth understanding at 60 Hz.
Scene browsing and multi-zone detection is now possible with the VL53L1, thanks to software customisable detection array for quicker “touch- to-focus” or mini depth-map use cases.
The Pynode+ Motion uses the Dialog DA14531 for MCU and BLE.
- Fully integrated miniature module
- – Emitter: 940 nm invisible laser (VCSEL) and its analog driver
- – Receiving array with integrated lens
- – Low-power microcontroller running advanced digital firmware
- – Size: 4.9 x 2.5 x 1.56 mm
- Fast, accurate distance ranging
- – 400 cm+ detection with full field of view (FoV)
- – 60 Hz ranging capable up to 300 cm
- – Immune to coverglass cross-talk and fingerprint smudge at long distance with patented algorithms (direct ToF)
- – Multi-object detection capability
- – Multi-zone scanning with selectable array (2×2, 3×3, 4×4, or defined by user through software)
- Easy integration
- – Reflowable component
- – Single power supply 2v8
- – Works with many types of cover glass materials
- – I2C interface (up to 1 MHz)
- – Xshutdown (reset) and interrupt GPIO
- – Full set of software driver (Linux® and Android compatible) for turnkey ranging
Just like our other Pynode+ Sensors, Pynode+ Motion is powered via coin cell battery (rechargeable) and micro USB.
Pynode+ AirQ Features
Pynode+ AirQ uses the state of the art BME688 Air Quality and Temperature Sensor from Bosch Air Quality sensor
- Wireless monitoring of air quality and temperature levels in any location
- Pynode+ sensors are ready to use out of the box.
Pynode+ AirQ Features
- Bluetooth / BLE via Dialog Semiconductor DA14531
- Compatible with Bluetooth v5.1, ETSI EN 300, 328 and EN 300 440 Class 2 (Europe), FCC CFR47 Part 15 (US) and ARIB STD-T66 (Japan)
- Supports up to three BLE connections
- Microcontroller: 16 MHz 32-bit Arm® Cortex-M0+
- TX: 3.5 mA, RX: 2.2 mA (system currents with DC-DC, VBAT_HIGH =3 V and 0 dBm)
- Diameter: 30mm
- Height: 7.62mm
- Weight: 3g (excl. battery) and 6g (incl. battery)
- Weight in packaging: 21g
- Panasonic CR2032 LITHIUM 3V COIN 20mm
- Central role for initial configuration: avg.: 446uA and max: 1.67mA
- Peripheral and Advertising mode (1minute sleep timer): avg.: 220uA and max: 17.10mA (Gas sensor enabled)
Setting your EVK up for a PoC and Pilot
The Bento Box gets you started in one go. The F01 H7 will come soldered onto an M.2 Board which then clicks neatly into the Expansion Board. This is a 10-second task. From there, you connect antennas and power up. Connecting to the Cloud is so easily done and from there you can set up and configure your device, using the online IDE for programming, setting up networks, switching those to your hearts content and much more. The Pynode+ sensors are Bluetooth-enabled and connect effortlessly to your F01 H7 kit so that you can start your proof of concept using sensor or movement data from either or both sensors. You can also attach other Bluetooth-enabled sensors to the F01 H7.
How to Scale Quickly?
Once you’re through your PoC you can move onto using the F01 H7 on your own design or indeed design your own PCB with the 1DX, 1SJ and 1SC from Murata using the ARM microcontroller architecture we’ve already introduced in the F01 H7. All the code you write during your early project stages can be ported saving you time and money. It couldn’t be easier.
Data Sheet Here
And of course, this F01 H7 EVK and all the contents are supported by our documentation and technical support team.