Helium Hotspot miner (Full Hotspot) compatible with Helium LongFi™ and Helium Blockchain technology.
Use this Pygate-based hotspot to mine Helium HNT Crypto Coins on the Helium LoRaWAN Network. Helium’s network is referred to as The People’s Network. It is powered by an entirely new incentive model – made possible by their Helium Blockchain. Installing a LoRa Hotspot means you are rewarded in HNT crypto coins as soon as you have “Proof-of-Coverage”.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You will be able to run Full or Light Hotspot Firmware and continue to participate in Proof-of-Coverage as well as mine $HNT in accordance with HIP-55
- BATCH 3 units ship end of September 2022
What’s included in the price?
When you are setting up a Hotspot Miner, there are a couple of fees to note:
- Hotspot Fee $40 (“Add a Full Hotspot”)
- First Location Assertion Fee $10 (“Assert Hotspot Location”)
Both of those two fees (i.e. $50) are covered with the purchase of the Pycom Helium Hotspot Miner.
NOTE: If you move your Hotspot Miner to a new location, you will need to pay the Location Assertion fee again. Pycom will only pay one Location Assertion Fee. There may be other fees. The full list of additional Helium transaction fees are here.
This fully certified Helium Hotspot contains
- Pygate: 2 variants: 868 Mhz (EU and Africa) and 915 Mhz (North/South America and APAC). Check certifications are confirmed for your region.
- LoRa Antenna
- WiFi Antenna
- Pygate Case for Indoor use
- Power supply
Certified by Helium (Dewi), and with regulatory certifications for CE, FCC, and IC. RCM pending but in time for delivery!
Pycom Helium miners come with Hotspot Management Dashboard:
- Monitor Hotspot health such as Memory, Disk space, and CPU usage
- Use simple commands such as IP configuration, Reboot, Restart Packet forwarder and Miner, Check Miner status and blockchain height.
- View device logs
- Receive Email based Alerts
Helium Hotspot miner (Full Hotspot) specifications
- Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (CM4102000)
- Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
- 2GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM with ECC
- WiFi 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/ac wireless
- Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
- On board electronic switch to select between PCB trace or external antenna
- Baseband processor: SX1308
- Dual SX1257 transceivers for a total of 8 channels support
- Maximum TX power (LoRaWAN) 23.45 dBm
- Frequencies: EU 863-870 MHz or US 902-928 MHz
- 64GB uSD card with Operating System and Helium Miner software stack
- Powered via USB-C or optional Ethernet + PoE adapter daughter board
Choose your gateway frequency using this detailed country list: https://lora-alliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/RP_2-1.0.2.pdf
Power Supply options
- USB Type-C
- PoE (Power Over Ethernet) via the optional daughter board (Optional Extra)
(This is optional and must be purchased separately)
PoE (Power Over Ethernet) with 1.5A current delivery.
It can provide power for the Pygate and the Pycom module attached to it.
Data Sheet Here
There is more information about how to mine HNT and much more on the Helium docs site.